Downloads – Reports, Presentations and other useful documents
Last Updated on: 1st January 2015
Over the years I have collected several reports, write-up, presentations from various sources. I am providing the same below. Please note that these are for reference purpose only the original copyright rests with the owners/creators of the content.
1. If you suffer from Achilles Tendonitis this article may be of immense help – “Heavy-Load Eccentric Calf Muscle Training For the Treatment of Chronic Achilles Tendinosis”, Håkan Alfredson, Tom Pietilä, Per Jonsson and Ronny Lorentzon from American Journal of Sports Med 1998 26: 360.
2. If you want to know all about what you lose when you sweat read this paper – Nutrition for Sports Sweat Composition Study. Unfortunately I don’t have the citations for this paper.
3. Going crazy with the puzzle on how much to drink and when during your long races. Read the recommendations and study – Updated Fluid Recommendation: Position Statement From the International Marathon Medical Directors Association (IMMDA), Tamara Hew-Butler, DPM, Joseph G. Verbalis, MD, and Timothy D. Noakes, MBChB, MD, DSc.
4. Looking for a Natural Source of carbs before your long race instead of that expensive Energy Gel? Raisins seem to be the natural answer. Read the full study here – Metabolic and Performance effects of Raisins versus Sports Gel as Pre-exercise feedings In cyclists. Mark Kern, Christopher J. Heslin, Robert S. Rezende, Department of Exercise and Nutritional Sciences, San Diego State University, San Diego, California 92182, Journal of Strength and Conditioning Research, 2007, 21(4), 1204–1207
5. Ever wondered about the track markings on an athletic track? Trying to figure out how to run a 1 mile or a 600m on a 400m standard track? Don’t be perplexed anymore just look up the IAAF Standard Track marking plan