My first Shoe Review (Reebok ONE Cushion) – Preface
I always knew my running was taking me places (literally !) and I have enjoyed expressing my views on everything and anything related to running on various facebook groups/page; email groups and here on my running blog but that was about it, well until a few weeks ago when I got an email first from Reebok India and then another shoe company (which will remain unnamed for the time being) expressing interest in associating with me and my running blog. Sounded interesting but sometimes these things just remain that – interests. Well today I received a pair of Reebok ONE Cushion shoes which have just been launched by Reebok in India with a request to put them through the grind and then review them on my blog.
Will this be a one test wonder? I don’t know but the engineer in me decided to set-up a shoe test protocol just in case. So here is what those that are interested can expect in the next few weeks –
- First just some stock photos (below) & a video
- Next will be an initial pre-run review with primarily stock stuff from the company and maybe some comparative photos with my other footwear (Nike Free 3.0, 4.0 & 5.0; Vibram Bikilas; Saucony Kinvara 3 and yes, my dress shoes – a pair of Hush Puppies!)
- Watch out for the first run impressions from a 13k with 8x100m strides that I have planned for tomorrow
- I will then start putting the shoes through various type of runs over a few weeks & miles – recovery, aerobic, medium long (18k-24k), long (24k +), tempo/LT and some speed work (VO2 Max runs)
- Finally will do a wrap up review and hopefully be able to give you some recommendations.
Wish me luck for stepping into the unknown and do have a look at the review as it happens
Disclaimer: I get to keep the shoes after the review. No other monetary gain.
Posted on September 12, 2013, in Running General, Shoe Reviews and tagged neutral running shoe, reebok, reebok one cushion, review, running, shoe review, test, test protocol. Bookmark the permalink. 2 Comments.